Saturday, April 23, 2011

Three Steps to My Turning Point with Social Media

As I reflect on where I am at with social media I think about Experience, Engagement, and Decision; the three steps I followed to find help and the same steps your prospects use to find you everyday. About a year ago I began to realize I did not want to be left behind the social media juggernaut but I didn't know who to trust or how to engage. Maybe that is where you are at today?

I was attending a CEO breakfast put on by my friend, John Hartman, who runs the CEOtoCEO Breakfast series. The speaker was, Blaine Millett, representing his company WOM10. He talked about social media from the perspective of strategy and not just a training session in the web tools. I was intrigued and decided to engage. I stepped out of the anonymous crowd, took his card, and called to set up an appointment. My choice to participate was based on the positive experience at the breakfast and that first coffee meeting led to a couple more meetings which led to trusting Blaine to help craft a social media plan for myself.

Experience, Engagement, Decision.  Those are the steps that led me to a trusted advisor in social media. Those are the steps your prospects will go though to find you. Having the right people on your team who understand your heart and vision are crucial because they are the only ones who will create the experiences that will lead people to engage with your organization and make a decision to trust you with their business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This